Tuesday, December 15, 2015

Week 4 In Mexico ~ July 7, 2015

Hello All!

This week went by crazy fast! I cannot believe it it Preparation Day already! Two weeks left until I´m back in the US teaching real people speaking fast Spanish! Eek! At that point I can also send and receive letters! Yay!

Enclosed are pictures from the temple last week with my district and then just the girls from my district! They are all so great!

Hermana Hansen and I are still teaching Miguel and Daniel (Our teachers playing the lives of these people, responding how they would respond)! And Also began teaching within our own district, a set of missionaries teaching an Elder and a Hermana taking the role of someone they know. This is a little less real but very interesting being in the spot of an investigator listening to a message about Christ instead of teaching someone. It has been very enlightening so far!

Spanish is coming along slowly but surely! It is such a beautiful language! I know I could never be as far as I am without Heavenly Father on my side there is no way! Our teacher said this, ¨You did not come here to learn Spanish, that would be impossible. You can here you receive the gift or tongues.¨ This is so true, the spirit has blessed us so much! Some days we have ¨Solo Español¨ which means you cannot speak ANY English! It´s hard but you just carry around a translation dictionary and learn a TON!

You may remember me saying that my companion did not know much Spanish. Well, now, she is pretty much right on the same level with me! She´s so smart and has picked it up really quickly! I love her! We don´t always agree on what to teach or on the same page during lessons, but with her I can feel the spirit and we help each other out a lot!

I have never prayed so much in my life. We pray when we get out of bed, when we get in bed, over all three meals, at the beginning of all our classes, before our lessons, during our lessons twice, before we start to study, and before we leave for the day. I have never been on my knees so much... and also, I have never felt the love of my Father in Heaven so much. I see His hand in my day, Every Day. It is a beautiful thing. I love my Savior, Jesus Christ!

I love this Quote: ¨In a trial never ask: ¨Where is God?¨ but, ¨How can I FIND God?¨

How can you find God this week in your life? How can you change your life to see him? How far are your knees from the ground?

Thank you all for everythig! Have a great week! :)

Hermana Taylor
Mexico City CCM

No comments:

Post a Comment