Friday, December 4, 2015

Mexico Missionary Training Center (MTC) ~ June 23, 2015


Hello All!
Wow! Has it been a crazy week!

I absolutely LOVE Mexico and all the people, teachers, and missionaries here! I have learned and grown so much in the past two weeks it´s insane!

Spanish, of course, is difficult but our teachers work really hard and we all do too. My companion and I, Hermana (Sister) Hansen, have taught 7 lessons in total all in EspaƱol. It has been very interesting! Our fist investigator, Christian, was the sweetest person, we love him. During our lessons, even though our Spanish is awful and we have to look up words you could really feel the spirit strongly and that his faith in Jesus Christ was growing as we taught. It was amazing.

Christian this second week then became our teacher!! It was a HUGE shock and really awesome to see! He said he was playing the part of his friend who really had these struggles he was portraying and he answered all our questions exactly how she does. It was so cool! He is great, his name is Hermano (Brother) Silva.

All the Latinos here think I am hilarious haha. Hermano Silva was getting to know us and asked where we were from and where we are going (for our missions) so I said: I´m from heaven and I´m going back. And he thought that was really funny :)

The food here really does a number on me and pretty much everyone else too. It is a constant struggle. We also get an hour a day for gym and we usually lift for 20 minutes then play volleyball and it is SO FUN!

My district is awesome! We have four Hermanas and four Elders (Picture enclosed). It´s the group we have all our classes with and study times so we are together around 10 hours a day. I also Love the girls in my casa! it is such a fun time :) A huge generation of missionaries left Saturday and Sunday so the CCM has been pretty quite but we are supposed to get in a huge new wave of around 80 new missionaries tomorrow so numbers will go back up!

Besides Preparation Day (P-Day) where we get to relax, no classes, email, play volleyball for hours, and take pictures, Sunday is the best day here in the CCM. We have Church all in Spanish and several devotionals which are all amazing! The Spirit is so strong here.

I feel definitely like I am in the right place doing the right thing. It is weird to think of myself being anywhere else doing anything else. I know I am meant to be here and that I am meant to speak Spanish and serve the people of California for 18 months. Nothing gives me more happiness than to know that my Father in Heaven loves me and that the glad message of Jesus Christ and His gospel is in my life and I am privileged enough to get to share that with others!

Book of Mormon: Another Testament of Jesus Christ









Yea, I know that I am nothing; as to my strength I am weak; therefore I will not boast of myself, but I will boast of my God, for in his strength I can do all things; yea, behold, many mighty miracles we have wrought in this land, for which we will praise his name forever.


If any of you have questions about what´s going on, or the gospel I´m preparing to teach, or exciting news from America, feel free to email me! I love hearing about home as well as telling about here and the work! Thank you all for your love and support!

Adios!!
Hermana Taylor
     
Look! I'm wearing my missionary shoes!

No comments:

Post a Comment