Tuesday, December 22, 2015

Confessions of a California Hermana :) ~ September 7, 2015

Hello Everyone!

I hope you are doing amazingly! How did looking for the miracles in you life go this week? Everything is going pretty great here in California! Hermana Reyes and I are working pretty hard to get a solid investigator pool going! I love this work! Keep praying for the gift of Tongues and discernment!!

So yes, I am getting chubby, it's sad but true, what can you do though. The members here love feeding you and it's like how much you eat equals how much you like the food/love them. So I love them A LOT! No one judge me when I come home 200 pounds!  We also have a Casa (house) prank rivalry going on right now! So exciting! we scared the daylights out of Sister Harward!! Then They got us GOOD! So we stringed their room :) Picture included haha

So last week during my personal study I went to grab my Book of Mormon to study and it wasn't there... I checked everywhere. I asked Sister Reyes: "Did we give away a Book of Mormon yesterday in English because I can't find mine?" We couldn't think of anyone though. Then, in the middle of the day, it hit me!! So, we had been driving around and seen a homeless man and I had rolled my window to give him an unopened water bottle I hadn't drank yet and then we got the bright idea to reach in the back seat with our stuff and give him a Book of Mormon too...  Yep, I gave my Mission Book of Mormon to a homeless person. SO Funny, I couldn't believe it! :)

We visited Martha this week but unfortunately not her son. But she said after we taught her the plan of Salvation that she knew we weren't like other churches because she could feel it. She said it felt like she was in the presence of God when she was listening to us and we explained that the feeling is the spirit testifying of truth. I love Martha! I can't wait to see her and her son this week!

Lalo is doing amazingly and asked us if he could get a Preach My Gospel (a book for missionaries we study) in Spanish so he could start preparing for a mission in a year. Wow. I am blown away by him each and every week. All his siblings came to church yesterday! It was a beautiful sight! Now we just need the Mom and Dad on board!

So Hermanas Reyes and one of our house mates Hermana Harward got sick and so Hermana Hill and I went out. Hermana Hill and I are both very new in the mission and know Very little Spanish so going out alone was a tad bit scary. For the first time ever in my mission we knocked on a few doors of people we didn't know. It was so weird to tract since we'd just gotten all our investigators from contacting on the street or members. The first two doors were busts but the next 4 doors had families behind them who we got return appointments with and taught a lesson about Jesus Christ. It was amazing to see in what marvelous ways the Lord works. We know they felt the spirit. 

I am so blessed to be here! I love this work and bringing families closer to Christ! I love this scripture, it explains beautifully the Love God has for us! All He does is for US.

2 Nefi 26:24
"He doeth not anything save it be for the benefit of the world; for he loveth the world, even that he layeth down his own life that he may draw all men unto him. Wherefore, he commandeth none that they shall not partake of his salvation."

Love you all,

Hermana Taylor

No comments:

Post a Comment