Tuesday, December 22, 2015

Three Months In ~ September 21, 2015

Hola all!

 We met a new family this week! Cynthia and Ramon are the parents and they have 3 young kids and also live with Ramon's parents. We were walking to an appointment who turns out wasn't even there and we saw this family so of course we stopped and talked with them and they said we could come back later that week. We showed the Because He Lives video about Jesus Christ and it was an amazing spirit. After they talked a while to Hermana Reyes and I thought they were saying they had another church and they were fine and didn't want to hear more. So, I bore my testimony as strongly as I could and the room was dead silent with all eyes on my. I told them about eternal families and how the gospel and Christ can bless us incredibly! After we said goodbye and I was a little bummed but Hermana Reyes was like, "That was Awesome!" and I was super confused! She explained that they did say they went to another church... but it had burnt down and so they didn't have anywhere to go! I read the entire conversation completely wrong. It was an epic Espanol fail moment! Keep praying for my Spanish!!

 We also have Cristian Pantoja getting baptised by his brother Lalo this weekend! Pray that all goes well with that!!

 We went to see a referral this week named Maria but we weren't sure which door it was. So we knocked on the first and asked for Maria and they said that she was around back so we went and taught a lesson and they invited us back this next week! Then we were walking back around and decided to knock on the second door because why not and, oh my goodness, there was a Maria there and SHE was the Maria who'd seen and met with missionaries before! How amazing!

 Saturday was a long, tough day. When we got in the car to go home and Sister Reyes was backing me up, I prayed out loud and asked heavenly Father to help me because I was feeling pretty down about the day and was not in the best mood. Just a quick Heavenly Father please, please help me. I came home exhausted and pretty down and we checked the mail and I had a package! From my best friend Lexy Morton! I almost cried but because I knew this was Heavenly Father's message to me saying that it's gonna be okay and He and others love me. It was amazing, and I'm sooo grateful to Lexy for her inspiration of sending the package when she did. :) That's what twins/best friends are for!

 One of the best things I learned from my Dad growing up is this quote: "Don't just have a good day, MAKE it a good day." I know this is so true! It is all about our attitudes and how we think, what we say, and how we react. (Thanks Mitch!)

 My challenge this week is when you're in a tough spot or really feeling down about something, say a prayer, out loud if you can. I know Heavenly Father hears our prayers. I know He is our loving Father in heaven and is just waiting for us to call out to Him for help! I know it! And I am so grateful for this knowledge and the experiences that I have had with it.

Love you all,
Hermana Taylor

No comments:

Post a Comment