Tuesday, December 15, 2015

Or I Should Say Hola! ~ August 3, 2015

Hello all!
I guess I should say Hola now! I love my Los Alamitos ward here in beautiful San Jose, California! It's been going great! I absolutely LOVE my companion! So here's a typical day in the life of Hermana Taylor and Quintana: 6:30 wake up and exercise, 7:00 Personal study, 8:00 get ready for the day and breakfast, 9:00 Companion study, 10:00 Service time!, 12:00 Lunch/ Language Study, 1:00-9:00 Contact (talk and teach people on the street or in parks), teach at our investigators homes, and visit less actives and new members, with dinner around 6:00, 9:00 Plan for next day and lessons, 9:45 change and get ready for bed, 10:30 Bed! Sleep and repeat! It's sometimes pretty crazy but days don't seem that long with this amazing work we're doing and the amazing people we meet and teach!
So my mission is California San Jose mission with 11 areas and stakes, our mission has 7 different languages that we have missionaries teaching in (crazy). This mission is incredible and are the missionaries here and people. The members are outstanding and help out a lot!
I received package from my family and it was perfect! Tons of rice krispies and notes which are two of my favorite things!! Wednesday was a Goooood day!
This week we went to the temple visiter center with two of our investigators and it was an incredible experience! They could definitely feel the spirit so strongly. The Oakland temple is gorgeous! We have been so blessed :) Also teaching an investigator for the first time yesterday and when we asked him to, when he knows these things are true, to be baptised he said: Oh, I already feel that they are true, it makes complete sense and I've been reading the Book of Mormon too. We were blown away!! Amazing! :) Miracles for sure!

We were contacting yesterday and talked to a woman and she said for us to come back tomrorrow and get homemade tamales. So we did and this woman who we just met yesterday gave us 8 hot, fresh Mexican tamales and said for us to come back and teach her this week :)
I love this work and I know the Savior is at the head, leading and guiding us to those people who are ready and willing to receive the gospel! Pray for the people we teach, I pray for all of you! I love you all have a great week!!
Love,
Hermana Taylor
California San Jose Mission

No comments:

Post a Comment