Saturday, May 23, 2015

Receiving My Mission Call

 I received my mission call on January 24th after what seemed like a long wait! I never thought a piece of mail could cause so much stress and anticipation. There were five other mission calls to be opened that day, including my best friend Julie's, and I was the last one! A little while before I was to announce it I went to the Latter-day Saint Temple grounds in Provo, prayed, and opened my mission call alone amidst the temple lights. My hands were shaky as I opened the white envelope. I did what every missionary to be does: looked for where I was going... As soon as I saw where I was to serve I immediately felt tears in my eyes and I couldn't see anything anymore. I sat there for a moment just enjoying knowing where... California San Jose Mission. I just cried and prayed for a while until I could get myself under control then I looked down and read the entire intro.


 Dear Sister Taylor,You are hereby called to serve as a missionary of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. You are assigned to labor in the California San Jose Mission. It is anticipated you will serve for a period of 18 months.You should report to the Mexico Missionary Training Center on Wednesday, June 10, 2015. You will prepare to preach the gospel in the Spanish language.


 I was absolutely astounded and even more excited when I read that! Spanish at the Mexico MTC!? Wow! I could not have asked for anything more perfect. Now as I approach my 2 week mark I am incredibly happy and excited to serve! June 10th could not come fast enough! I love my Savior, Jesucristo, and I already love the people of the San Jose Mission and I cannot wait to go and serve, learn, and grow!



No comments:

Post a Comment